Make a Tax Deductible Donation

DonateNow Please click the "Dontate Now" button to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to help bring Karina to her forever family. We travel SOON and need your help to make this girl's dream come true!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Documents on There Way to Ukraine! HALLELUJAH!

I finally got our last document that we need to forward our package to Ukraine and get our court date.  I had to drive up to Richmond to get all the documents stamped by the State of Virginia True and Accurate.  The kids and I decided to make the best of it and went to the Science Museum of Virginia.  What a great hands on Museum.  We had an awesome time.  The documents should have taken all day but the amazing girl that worked at the States Apostille Office had them done for us by 11:30.  I was praying that I would not have to deal with rush hour traffic and God provided.  I was also praying that I could get all our documents Apostilled in one day instead of the two days that the Internet says they require. Praise God!  He provided.  I was also praying that the documents would be in Ukraine by Monday.  I drove straight to DHL after I left the Apostille office and was told the documents would arrive by Monday morning. Hallelujah!  Now all we need is a favorable miracle of a court date.  My lawyer from Ukraine just emailed me and told me the following:

The SDA may be closed in the beginning of June as they work only till the
end of May. Then, we don't know. Officially, it has been liquidated and it
has two months to prepare all their cases to be moved to new Ministry of
Social Policy. New adoption authority has not been created yet so if the SDA
closes nobody knows when we will reopen again. It may take two months or may
be more.
THIS IS POTENTIALLY HORRIBLE. 

That would push off our adoption court date by 2 more months.  We would not be able to travel until we get a court date.

PLEASE PRAY PRAY PRAY that they make an exception for Karina and push up her case to mid-May so she is not left wondering and hopelessly waiting for us. 

Our lawyer is submitting her case on Monday April 25th.  Keep that date in your prayers.  Thank you.  We appreciate all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment